cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image.canon Issues

mmwc
Apprentice

We have three PowerShot Elph 190 IS and switched to image.canon on day 1. We take pictures of inbound and outbound shipmets, especially our Exports.  The USDA and receiving nation require a certain number of pictures to go with the shipment.  We take roughly 100 to 500 photos a day.  The old system was not perfect but worked for us.  We are a 24/7/365 business.  We loved the fact that our warehouse supervisors could take pictures and send them without leaving the floor.  The office staff sit aproximately quarter mile from the warehouse.  And now image.canon has haulted our production.

I work in the IT department and have been trying to find a solution to this issue.  I now have to use "Check Latest Images Now" button to get photos to download.  I have discovered two issues:

Once the "Check Latest Images Now" button is pushed auto-downloading will work for 3 hours.  After that window, I will have to go back to click the button.  We can have photos sitting in "queue" for over 14 hours until someone clicks that button.  I have used donwloaderimage.canon on the following devices: 1) virtual lient with Windows 10 Pro 2) Physical machine with Windows 10 Pro with policies set for the system to never turn off or sleep 3) My personaly MacBook Pro. 

The other issue I am experiencing isfalse uplaods.  The camera will show that the images are sent, however waiting in document increaments from 15 minutes to 90 minutes.  I will return to the camera and respend the images.  I normally have success after the third try.  I have three excel spreadsheets with uplad and downlaod failures. 

Another issue is after 2:00 PM Central DST, the system starts having issues uploading and downloading until 3:15 PM Central DST.  And after 5:00 PM to 4:00 AM, the system becomes iffy. 

With the previous system, we would experience 2 IT support tickets every three months.  I am now eperiencing 11 support tickets a day with image.canon.  I reached out to our sister locations and they are experiencing similar issues. 

I am looking to see if anyone has discovered a work around.  We take 100 to 500 pictures a day. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

mmwc, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot Elph 190 IS. 

For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My PowerShot Elph 190 IS are working as normal.  The post is in regards to image.canon for the reason I posted in the software section of the community.  Thank you for reading my post.

Thanks to nearly 20 plus hours searching for a work around, I discovered a possible solution.  Image.canon will not work completely on virtual machine.  The images will only download if you are using RDC.  This is the case for minimizing RDC or open view.  However, when you disconnect the connection with RDC the auto-downloader stops working.  (NOT THE CASE WITH THE PREVIOUS VERSION and to be honest first time I have seen this with an software.)

I have moved to a physical machine (Windows 10 Pro).  I had set the system to never turn off or sleep.  I installed Caffine to ensure the system never reachs the lock screen for inactivity.  (I have not tried other "stay" awake programs).  

If the system sleeps or goes to a lock screen, image .canon will not work.  We had sucess for the last three shifts with 300 plus photos being auto-downloaded.  

This is not an ideal system due to leaving a client always on and no lock screen (major security issue), but this is the only work around I have discovered. 

Announcements