cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Gateway Update Powershot SX530 HS

Saucepai
Apprentice

Hello Guys,

I have a Powershot SX530 HS that I am trying to connect to the Cannon Image Gateway for automatic upoloading of pictures to my PC. I have read the instructions on the set up page and there are special instructions for the Powershot SX530 HS, it states "A firmware update is required. Please visit the support page on the site of the Canon store in your area. After the firmware upgrade, perform the following procedure."

I have searched all of Canon support and cannot seem to find any Firmware updates for the Powershot SX530 HS. How can I upgrade the firmare to get the image gateway to work if there isnt any firmware to download? Can anybody direct me to the Firmware update for my device or does anyone know if this will be released in the near future?

I can always upload manually but its so much easier for my work to have them upolad automatically. Any information about this would be helpful!! 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

dshjr586
Contributor

I noticed a similar note and have a similar problem.  The new image interface is now through image.canon .  Gateway is gone. 

If you follow the register steps at image.canon, do you get a date time error?  If so, these problems for the SX 530 may be related.  I have had no luck at finding the firmware upgrade.  See a posting related to date time error.

Hopefully Canon will come through for us SX 53 HS owners.

don

Yes, I get the Incorrect Time and Date error when I attempt to follow the instructions on the image.canon page.

Hopefully there will be a hotfix soon for this problem, it was just released today so its no surpirse that there are a few bugs. I'll keep looking, but I have a feeling Canon will have to give us a Firmware update to resolve this.

Thanks,

Brennnan

Tim
Authority

Saucapai, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot SX530 HS.

For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements