cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Browser EX for Windows stuck in verifying

Argentina
Contributor

Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS needs Image Browser EX update.  I believe the file IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01.zip is the correct one but after clicking on the file, there is a little window that says is verifing and a green bar runs and runs nonstop.

Can anyone help? All help is very much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

smack53
Mentor
According to the Canon site for your camera the file is IBXW_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Steve M.

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hi Argentina!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

My OS is Win 8 Pro and USB connection. The file I am trying to install suppose to be the correct one but as I stated the verifying process does not stop and of course I am not able to install the file.

I do not know what to do because my knowledge about computers and cameras is limited and hope some one will help me with this issue, something I will appreciate very much.

One quick thought, and please forgive me if it was obvious. Did you unzip the file per the instructions below?

1. Download "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip" from the download page. 2. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip". After decompressing the file, "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" will be created. 3. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" to display "IBX14INST.exe". 4. Double-click "IBX14INST.exe". 5. Follow the instructions on the screen to perform the installation. * The latest version will be installed using the auto-update function. * For installation, it is required to connect the camera. By connecting the camera, appropriate functions for the camera will automatically added via the Internet.

Steve M.

Yes, I did.  The problem is with installation. Verifying the camera does not stop.

Tim
Authority

Hello Argentina,

It's possible that other devices on this computer are preventing the camera from verifying.  We suggest only connecting the PowerShot to your computer, and have other devices unplugged for the time being.  This would include other cameras, printers and scanners. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem (stuck in "Verifying the device")

Using file IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip of 2014-11-25 downloaded on 2015-01-10.

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Rebuilding clean install on a new disk (minimal cruft)

No USB devices connected except camera (PowerShot S100), keyboard and mouse (suggestion made in previous comment).

No related error messages in the Event Log (looked in Windows > Applications as suggested in another thread on this problem).

When camera was connected, it was detected and drivers loaded. Can see the camera with other apps (that is, evidence that the USB ports and the cable are working). Have tried on different USB ports on the computer and with a different cable. Have rebooted multiple times and retried installation.

Announcements