cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISX40 trying to find a telephoto lens and filter .

Annadamma
Apprentice

I am trying to find a telephoto lens and filter that fits my SX40.  Have recently purchased a 52mm but in my viewfinder the subject appears foggy. I would like to take closeups of distant subject.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Annadamma,

Because of the zoom capability of this camera, Canon does not offer  accessory telephoto or zoom lenses for it.

While you can obtain accessory lenses for Rebel cameras, to get more reach than you have with this camera, you'd need a lens with a longer focal length than 840mm.  The lens with the longest focal length currently offered by Canon is the .   You may see this lens by clicking here.

For a bit more "reach", you may want to use the digital zoom feature, as shown below:

Press the <MENU> button (), and from the [Shooting] tab () set the [Digital Zoom] to either [1.5x] or [2.0x].

important:

• A recording pixel setting of [Large] () or [Medium 1] () will cause images to appear coarse (the zoom factor will appear in blue).
  • The [Digital tele-converter] cannot be used together with the [Digital zoom].
  • The [Digital tele-converter] can be used in the following aspect ratio and recording pixel setting combinations:
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi Annadamma, thanks for posting!

The PowerShot SX40 needs the Filter Adapter FA-DC67A in order to place a 67mm filter on the permenantly fixed existing lens.  As this lens is not detatchable, we do not produce a telephoto lens or teleconverter for this model camera.  Please feel free to click the link below to view all the accessories available for your camera.  We hope this clarifies!

I am not getting the close-up on distance shots I want from my PowerShot  SX 40 camera. Should I have bought a Rebel? Additional lens don't see to do it. Is it the settings?

Hi Annadamma,

Because of the zoom capability of this camera, Canon does not offer  accessory telephoto or zoom lenses for it.

While you can obtain accessory lenses for Rebel cameras, to get more reach than you have with this camera, you'd need a lens with a longer focal length than 840mm.  The lens with the longest focal length currently offered by Canon is the .   You may see this lens by clicking here.

For a bit more "reach", you may want to use the digital zoom feature, as shown below:

Press the <MENU> button (), and from the [Shooting] tab () set the [Digital Zoom] to either [1.5x] or [2.0x].

important:

• A recording pixel setting of [Large] () or [Medium 1] () will cause images to appear coarse (the zoom factor will appear in blue).
  • The [Digital tele-converter] cannot be used together with the [Digital zoom].
  • The [Digital tele-converter] can be used in the following aspect ratio and recording pixel setting combinations:
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you!

Announcements