Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

I want to remove black frames in .avi videos

I have shot hundreds of .avi videos with my Powershot camera. Each time I took a photo during the video, it left black frames and a loud shutter "click".  Is there software that will quickly find all the black frames and remove them?  Is there freeware that will do it?

Highlighted
VIP

Re: I want to remove black frames in .avi videos

@Steven_B wrote:

I have shot hundreds of .avi videos with my Powershot camera. Each time I took a photo during the video, it left black frames and a loud shutter "click".  Is there software that will quickly find all the black frames and remove them?  Is there freeware that will do it?

I do not know of a tool or technique to specifically do that.  For future reference, do not take a photo while shooting video.  You can always grab a frame of video in post production.  The downside is that a video frame will have a lower MP resolution than your still photos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."