cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recorded a video with my Canon Powershot G12 but there is no sound on my camera or computer..?!

artem
Apprentice

I recorded a video with my canon Powershot G12 but there is no sound when playing back the video on my camera. It's said that it has a built in microphone- it definitely has speakers because I can hear the tool sounds. HOW do i enable the sound? why is there no sound? not even on my computer? Can i even retrieve the sound from the video that i recorded? i can only hear a breezy noise(like an old tv).

1 REPLY 1

smack53
Mentor

The PowerShot G12 does have built in microphones, one on either side of the hot shoe. They do not have much sensitivity for sound in front of the camera, unless it is relatively close. I also noticed that using the wind filter cuts out a lot of sound, so I leave that off. I also use the camera in video mode when recording as it has the most available options.

You should be able to hear the sound in playback mode unless the microphones were somehow blocked, but I would suspect the wind filter as you noted that you can only hear breezy noises like an old TV. Turn off the wind filter and try a test video to see if yuo get any better results.

Steve M.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements