cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help formatting an 8GB SDHC for my Powershot 400. I followed the User Guide but my camera tu

mutchle
Apprentice

My Powershot 400 turns off in the middle of the process.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That particular camera can only use SD memory cards. SDHC, SDXC, or and other letters following SD makes the card incompatible with the camera. There are no firmware updates for the camera to use the higher capacity SD cards since the camera is fairly old technology wise. The manual indicates 16MB and 128MB cards only, but you might be able to use a 2GB card as long as it is labeled only SD. Unfortunately these are becoming harder to find in stores, so you will need to search the internet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

What model is the camera (exactly) & what memory card have you bought (full label info). It is possible the camera won't recognize more modern cards.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Model A1AF PowerShot A400.   The memory card is SanDisk, SDHC Card 4 SD HC 8 GB.  

That particular camera can only use SD memory cards. SDHC, SDXC, or and other letters following SD makes the card incompatible with the camera. There are no firmware updates for the camera to use the higher capacity SD cards since the camera is fairly old technology wise. The manual indicates 16MB and 128MB cards only, but you might be able to use a 2GB card as long as it is labeled only SD. Unfortunately these are becoming harder to find in stores, so you will need to search the internet.

Thank you.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements