cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using a canon sx710 hs. When I transfer video to my smartphone my phone freezes

DanielG
Contributor

Hi.  I'm using a canon sx710 hs.  When I transfer a video to my smartphone it freezes it and I have to restart my phone. Photos 

are transferring ok via wifi and nfc.  

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Depending upon the phone [model?] and the length of your video, your phone just may simply be running out of local memory. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

DanielG
Contributor
Video length is 14 seconds. Phone is Sony Xperia M5. Plenty of memory on it

Sounds like the Sony does not have the correct codec for the Canon video.

DanielG
Contributor
Is their a way around it. The video plays on my ipad perfectly well. But not on my Sony Xperia.

So it only freezes using a wired connection which is what type? USB, HDMI ? Maybe you need a better quality cable or the one you have is defective.

DanielG
Contributor
When I transfer the video via WiFi or nfc from camera to phone. The video appears in my gallery of my phone but when I try to play it, it freezes my phone.

Ok my mistake I read what you wrote wrong.

There are no setting ajustments you can make in the camera itself and I never used the Canon Phone Connect app so I do not know if there might be a connection setting in the app that could help.

There is a list of compatible phones is yours on it? If it is and your camera is still under warranty you can call Canon for direct support help...if it isn't it's still a chance I'd take.

But what I would try is to uninstall the phone app and reinstall it again.

DanielG
Contributor
Thank you all for your contributions and help.
Announcements