cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just purchased the SX60 and have been trying to find the way to change the "startup image".

SherrieB2
Apprentice

I just purchased the SX60 and have been trying to find the way to change the "startup image". I have the SX40, Sx30 SX1 and all allow me to change the startup image and the sounds through MyCamera. When I opened MyCamera, it tells me that it won't work on my model. Does anyone know how to change the startup image? In the menu it gives me the choice to either have it on or off. Thanks so much!

8 REPLIES 8

cicopo
Elite

Did you install the new version of the program supplied with your SX 60? If not you likely need to. The same applies to DPP if you shoot RAW.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

What program are you talking about? There wasn't a disk with the camera. Did go to the site and downloaded Digital Camera Software 4.3 [Windows]  and dppw3.14.47-updater.zip. Which program should allow me to change the startup image?

Every Canon camera I've bought in the last 10 years came with a CD (or maybe it's a DVD) which has several programs including one to talk to the camera such as Camera Window or EOS Utility etc plus if the camera can shoot RAW image files the didc includes a program (DPP) to edit & convert the RAW files to jpgs. Lately that CD / DVD also has the operators manual as a pdf file. Did you get a paper manual?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Yep got a paper manual, and no disk. And the programs I downloaded don't seem to have a way to change the startup image. The CameraWindow program says it isn't for the SX60.

Looks like Canon has changed what they ship with the newer cameras. My SX50 came with a disc & no paper manual. Because of that I searched the Canon site (USA site) & found the program set you need to download (according to what it says). Now there are different versions based on your operating system so for my search I've chosen Win 8.0 & the program file recommended is

File Description   Date Size

Digital Camera Software 4.3 [Windows]  09/16/1422.26 MB
File Name: dcsw-4-3-0-2-9l.zi

Those are the programs I downloaded. But the CameraWindow program says it isn't for the SX60. Maybe the sx60 won't change. Thanks so much for checking out the programs.

Sadly for some unknown reason Canon either forgot to allow that to change or just didnt want to allow it.

Maybe they will have a formware update and correct that.

For now though there is no way.

John_
Authority

It seems odd but other than turning off the startup image I could not find a way to change it either.

Announcements