Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

I have the PowerShot SX30 lS after recharging battery the screen wont come on?

Hello, Hopefully someone can Help Me! I haven't used my camera in several months so I recharged the battery and for some reason the screen won't come on. I will be honest, I am a wee bit challenged with this camera. Can someone PLEASE help me? Thank you, Vickie
Occasional Contributor

Re: I have the PowerShot SX30 lS after recharging battery the screen wont come on?

may be you battery got Expired due to not charging and using 

New Contributor

Re: I have the PowerShot SX30 lS after recharging battery the screen wont come on?

I have two batteries, so I just put in the other recharged battery and it works now! I also put other battery I thought I had recharged back on charger. Thank You for your response. Have a blessed day.

Respected Contributor

Have you tried pressing the "Display" button to see if it comes back?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Display button info : Try just pressing it to toggle from he veiwfinder to the LCD screen first before anything else. It is a powerful camera and we all get a weee bit overwhelmed every now and then !

Capture3.JPG