Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

I have problems with the white balance on my PowerShot SX20. Constant yellow cast.

I am unable to get a decent white balance on my PowerShot SX20. I would like to be able to shoot many shots without readjusting the white balance. Even looking thru the view finder there is a yellow cast. I am photographing artwork using no flash and a light box and have to EXTENSIVELY PhotoShop to try to get back to original tones. Using identical set up, lighting and subject and reshooting with a much less expensive, "inferior" camera, there is no yellow cast. I have followed the on line instructions for white balance on this model and it makes no difference.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: I have problems with the white balance on my Overshot SX20. Constant yellow cast.

I DON'T KNOW THIS MODEL BUT DOES IT HAVE EFFECTS ON IT.  II FILTERS OR ABILITY TO CHANGE FROM COLOR TO BLACK AND WHITE THAT KIND OF THING.  I HAVE GOTTEN SOME PROBLEMS BECAUSE SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY PLAYED WITH THINGS ON MY CAMERA THAT I NEVER TOUCHED. IT GAVE ME FITS BEFORE I FOUND OUT WHAT WAS SUDDENLY WRONG.  CHECK YOUR ENTIRE SET UP OVER AND RESET YOUR MENU.