cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a power shot sx 40 & need to know : when up magnify a pic how do you save it on your camera ?

rainlily
Contributor

I have a power shot 40 & I learned how to zoom in/maginfy a pic but i can't figure out how to save the maginfied image.

Thanks ~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Im not sure what you mean but if you mean when you zoom in on a photo in playback mode there is a way to save the zoomed area seperately from the original photo on the camera.

To begin select Trimming on the Playback menu.

Use the Zoom lever to resize the frame and you can press points on the Control Dial to move the frame around also.

You can also press the Disp to change the orientation.

When you are finished press Set and it will ask to Save New Image, select Ok.

Press Menu and when your promtped to Display New Image select Yes or No.

You might want to consider a book written specifically for your SX40. I own the SX50 and bought that book because much of it still applies. It is called A Short Course in Canon Powershot SX40 HS Photography written by Dennis P. Curtin.

The procedure I just told you came from that book which is clearer than how I would have decribed it mysef

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz

I don't think you can. In order to crop photo, you have to do it in a computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Im not sure what you mean but if you mean when you zoom in on a photo in playback mode there is a way to save the zoomed area seperately from the original photo on the camera.

To begin select Trimming on the Playback menu.

Use the Zoom lever to resize the frame and you can press points on the Control Dial to move the frame around also.

You can also press the Disp to change the orientation.

When you are finished press Set and it will ask to Save New Image, select Ok.

Press Menu and when your promtped to Display New Image select Yes or No.

You might want to consider a book written specifically for your SX40. I own the SX50 and bought that book because much of it still applies. It is called A Short Course in Canon Powershot SX40 HS Photography written by Dennis P. Curtin.

The procedure I just told you came from that book which is clearer than how I would have decribed it mysef

This is the question that I was trying to ask. Thank you so much for helping me with this. I did not know there was a book, I am going to look into it as I know it will be very helpful for me.

Thanks !  

You are very welcome !

These are very powerful cameras and at times we all need other resources 

Announcements