cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a power shot sd 960 is that takes great pictures indoors. But blank pictures outsidel

kjzcpa
Apprentice
Why would the camera take a great picture indoors, and a blank picture outside???
5 REPLIES 5

jfo
Rising Star
Rising Star

I suspect that the picture isn't blank, but actually "blown out".  In other words, there is so much light outside that the sensor cannot distinguish anything other than "EGADS! TONS OF BRIGHTNESS"... similar to when you walk outside from a dark room and your eyes haven't adjusted yet.

Are you shooting in the camera's "Auto" mode?  

Yes. The picture is entirely white. I never had this before.

Yes

Can you post/upload some examples for us? 

How do I insert an image in a post?

When you want to add graphical content to your posts, you can insert an image from your computer (this uploads the image before inserting it), from your uploaded images (if the image has been approved), or from another location on the Web.

To insert an image in a post:

1. Start a new post. 
    You can insert images anywhere: in messages, replies, blog articles, ideas, or comments.
  2. Click the Insert Image button in the editor's tool bar (it looks like a tree).
  3. Choose one of the sources listed below.

To insert an image located on your computer:

1. Click the From My Computer tab.
  2. Click Browse to select a file.
  3. Type a title for the image if you want something other than the file name.
  4. Click Hide (Private) to keep the image private until your post appears.
  5. Choose an image size.
    • Full Size inserts the image at the full size of the original file.
    • SmallMedium, and Large insert the image at the sizes defined for your community. 
      We don't stretch images, so very small images won't get any bigger regardless of the image size you choose.
  6. Choose how you want the image aligned.
    • Left aligns the image on the left side of the post. Any text that comes after the image appears to the right.
    • Inline inserts the image right where the cursor is in the editor. If you add a return after the image, any text you add appears below the image.
    • Right inserts the image on the right side of the post. Text appears to the left of the image. If you add a lot of text, it eventually wraps under the image.

Yes the auto mode
Announcements