cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a cannon sx50hs I have counter set on continouse but each the count starts back at one.

hink1
Contributor

I have a sx50hs and I have my counter set to continous, but each day when I go to take photos the count starts back at 1. Can you help me fix this problem

11 REPLIES 11

John_
Authority

Check the setting right under that for creating folders, you probably have it set to Daily not Monthly 

It is set to Daily, I have always had it that way. I shoot all my photos in Raw. When I view pics on camera it show continous #'s. When I download to Digital Photo Professional the count starts back at  CR 1 everytime. Can you help me with that

In the Rename Tool from the Tool menu there is a box in the upper top left where you can specify how you want to handle file names. Do you have that set to keep original file names ? 

Also I am includind a link for tutorials that Canon has on DPP to refer to that come in handy to watch. 

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/galleries/galleries/tutorials/dpp_tutorials.shtml

Can I set it up where it automaticlly goes to orginal # or do I have to wait till I highlight a photo to do it. I went in and if photo wasn't highlighted I couldn't use the tool.

You can set it to always go to the original file name and number in the Preferences window under tools I believe by selecting retaining the sort order. Im not at my regular computer now but I will look later.

Hi John,

did not see anything under preferences or under tools. Let me know when you get back to your computer. Could it be anything when I download? I just got new computer that uses window 8.1. Didn't have problem when using Vista

hi and Ok under Preferences, View settings a little over halfway down there is a checkbox for "retain sort order "  I've never been concerned with the file numbering so I am just looking for things that might help you.

Between that and my other post maybe that will help.

sort order.PNG

thanks for all your help John, I will give that a shot. Is there anyway to send emails from the dpp program, or how to get photos into emails from the dpp program. I end up sending them to picasa and they never look the same as they do in dpp. I use google(gmail) to send emails. Any suggestions? I appreciate all your help John.

There is no way to send directly from DPP that I could find.

When you tranfer them to Picasa what format are you sending them as? 

You are very welcome

Announcements