cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Powershot S3 IS that recently started giving me the "lense error, restart camera" message.

Philbo314
Apprentice

I had gotten this message occasionally in the past, and then the issue seemed to go away.  Now it occurs every time I power on the camera.  What are my options for gettting this resolved, and the approximate cost?

2 REPLIES 2

GaryS
Enthusiast

The answer:  More than it's worth.

Start shopping for a new camera.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Philbo314!

Thanks for posting.

Remove the batteries from the camera for about 15 minutes, then put them back in the camera and power it on.  If the error still displys, the camera needs repair.

Due to its age, the PowerShot S3 IS is no longer being serviced by our Factory Service Centers.  Replacement parts are no longer available.  However, you may participate in the Canon Loyalty Program instead. 

The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee, plus shipping.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements