cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Power Shot SD4500 IS and after battery is fully charged battery runs down without any use.

Pharmboy007
Apprentice

I have a Power Shot SD4500 IS and after charging battery  then placing in camera and within a day the battery is dead.  I have tried replacing with a new battery and have the same problem.  Any suggestions?

The last time (2 years ago) I had a problem with my previous ELPH I was told it was less expensive to replace the camera than to repair, but after buying 2 in 5 years with limited use, this is getting old.

HELP

2 REPLIES 2

jfo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome!

This might be an obvious question, but just to double-check, are you turning the camera off when you are not using it? 

Is the camera working properly when the battery is charged?  Is the new one you bought an authentic Canon one? (sometimes generics have a lower capacity or are more prone to problems).

Mykolas
Authority

Pharmboy007,

I would like to ask a couple questions to see if I can determine what is causing the issue.

1. How long is the camera sitting before you are using it and finding out that the battery is no longer charged?
  2. Does this happen with other batteries, or just the one battery?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements