cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a G10 digital camera with a cracked viewing screen

tbartel
Apprentice

Is this a costly repair? I've placed an acetate screen protector over crack to stabilize screen. Is this an effective means to do an inexpensive repair?

Any thoughts or suggestions?.........Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Daily_Llama
Contributor

Ugh!  My sympathies to you ...

I'd run with your screen "repair" as long as possible - but given the beautiful G10 has now been surpassed by both the G12 and then the G15, a repair is likely not even possible.  Not thru Canon anyway.

Sadly, I think you're looking at a total replacement of the entire camera ... eventually.

The G15 is such a vast improvement over the G10 - in just about every area - I hope you can find a way to acquire one.  You'll be pleased with the improvements and superb quality!

Thank you for your quick response to my problem. I appreciate all your comments.

I sold a VERY lightly used G10 - in order to buy a G12 (which was later stolen from my carry-on luggage at airport inspection!) - in early-summer 2012 or else I'd have gladly made you a great deal on it!

The G10 is still an incredibly capable performer - and it's always painful to hear about fine camera equipment damaged ....

KEH or other used camera dealers might have one.

Sorry to hear about the theft of your G12. It's hard to understand why people need to take ownership of other people's personal property.

My camera was damaged on a day trip to NYC. I placed it my bag and I suspect another object in bag was pressed against it causing the damage. I don't use it regularly but it's terrific for street photograhy in the city. Small cameras make you look like a tourist.  Big cameras like my 40D, make you look threatening to folks on the street.

Mykolas
Authority

Tbartel,

Your PowerShot G10 can be repaired by our Factory Service Center.  To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements