cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon Power Shot A520 and I can't get the battery cover open.

WG
Apprentice

I followed the manual and am new to my camera, but I cannot get the battery cover to slide open on my Canon Power Shot A520. Any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi WG!

Thanks for posting.

There is a sliding lock switch on the battery door that needs to be slid to one side as you also push the battery door out.  Please ensure you are doing both at the same time, otherwise the battery door remains locked.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi WG!

Thanks for posting.

There is a sliding lock switch on the battery door that needs to be slid to one side as you also push the battery door out.  Please ensure you are doing both at the same time, otherwise the battery door remains locked.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, for your post, I finally got it open, the door is on a spring hinge that needs to be slightly pulled out at the same time the slide lock is opened, I discovered that when I finally called Cannon. Thank you for your information also.

Announcements