cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed AA batteries and CR1200 battery and the lite on screen won't stop flashing?

Diane3Smith-629
Apprentice

Can't stop flashing battery lite on camera ,changed ALL batteries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It could be dirty spring contacts, tarnished would be a better word.

You didn't say what brand of batteries you are using this 'could' play a part too because you do get variations in sizes not to the actual body but the contact tip at the top may differ.... all we need is a reduced current flow caused by a poor contact be it loose fitting or tranished as it would then become resistive causing a voltage drop acorss the contact.

If you are using a strange sounding brand or 'El cheapos' could I suggest trying something like Duracell - I use them in my Canon A650IS and they do seem to last far longer than others I have tried.

Should it be the contacts they will have to be cleaned somehow. For cleaning electrical contacts I use a glass fibre brush in the form of a pen, a couple of swirls round is all thats needed against the contacts.

A poor brand of battery could also create this problem should it be incapable of delivering the required power.

Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

smack53
Mentor
Will need to know which model camera this is for so that the community can assist you better.

Smack53

Cannon PowerShot A590IS

It could be dirty spring contacts, tarnished would be a better word.

You didn't say what brand of batteries you are using this 'could' play a part too because you do get variations in sizes not to the actual body but the contact tip at the top may differ.... all we need is a reduced current flow caused by a poor contact be it loose fitting or tranished as it would then become resistive causing a voltage drop acorss the contact.

If you are using a strange sounding brand or 'El cheapos' could I suggest trying something like Duracell - I use them in my Canon A650IS and they do seem to last far longer than others I have tried.

Should it be the contacts they will have to be cleaned somehow. For cleaning electrical contacts I use a glass fibre brush in the form of a pen, a couple of swirls round is all thats needed against the contacts.

A poor brand of battery could also create this problem should it be incapable of delivering the required power.

Dave

In addition to the dirty contacts mentioned by Dave, I have a PowerShot A590 at work that has issues with the battery door not closing all the way, making the contacts very loose against the batteries. Over time the battery door loosened up and didn't always close properly when we changed the batteries. Ensure both sides of the battery door are flush against the camera when you close it.

Smack53

Thanks, I'll try it.
Announcements