I cannot get my delete fuction to work Will not give option to erase photo

terry0212
Apprentice
What might my problem be with my camera am having problems with all fuctions
6 REPLIES 6

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello terry0212!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera you are using (e.g., EOS 5D Mark III, EOS Rebel T5i, PowerShot SX50 HS, PowerShot ELPH 300 HS, etc.). That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

terry0212
Apprentice
Seem to be having trouble with all functions.

What model camera? Cant give you a definitive answer without knowing what we are working with, Terry

SX50 HS per the header....

If you have the images protected, they cannot be erased. To check that, see the following from the manual:

SX50HS DeleteImage.PNG

If none of the functions are working, you may need to go into the menu and reset all and see if that clears up the problem.

Steve M.

John_
Authority

If you are having problems with all the functions and it is still under warranty I strongly suggest you contact Canon and get the ball rolling for a return and repair.

In the meantime you can try a "reset all" thru the settings menu.

Announcements