cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get my Canon SX510HS to connect to my Android Turbo 2, even though it's an option listed.

Makanij3
Apprentice

For some reason, my camera isn't connecting to my smartphone.  It's a new smartphone and is listed as an option to select.  I turn on the gateway for both devices and see that the camera has connected to my house wi-fi, but doesn't see the phone.  I don't remember if I have used this festure since I purchased the smartphone, or if this is the first time attempting.  I'm assuming since the name of the phone and model# shows up  on the camera that  it should connect.  I don't see any way to trouble shoot in my abbreviated manual.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

nicechris
Contributor

You can check the location information

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"...It's a new smartphone and is listed as an option to select.  I turn on the gateway for both devices and see that the camera has connected to my house wi-fi, but doesn't see the phone.  ..."

For starters, the camera will not connect to both the local LAN and the smart phone.  I believe the smart phone and a Canon camera should connect to one another, without an external access point like your home WiFi.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements