cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using Windows 10 and use Canon SX20 IS. How to use Photo stich function?

Sat17
Apprentice

I am using Windows 10 and use Canon SX20 IS. How to use Photo stich function?

Is it possible to get procedure for using photo stich function?

Will Zoombrowser EX will wotk for windows 10?

If any expert can guide me...that will be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sat17,

Thank you for your inquiry.

For Windows 8 and beyond, ZoomBrowser EX has been replaced with ImageBrowser EX.

Your software will need to updated for Windows 10.

You may access the software for your camera by clicking here.  Once on our site, scroll down to "Drivers & Downloads", then use the drop-down menu to choose "Windows 8.1" or "Windows 8.1 (x64)".  The software for your camera hasn't been updated for Windows 10, but the software for Windows 8.1 will work on your computer.

To update your software, click on the [Select] buttons to the right, then click on "How to Download and Install" for installation instructions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sat17,

Thank you for your inquiry.

For Windows 8 and beyond, ZoomBrowser EX has been replaced with ImageBrowser EX.

Your software will need to updated for Windows 10.

You may access the software for your camera by clicking here.  Once on our site, scroll down to "Drivers & Downloads", then use the drop-down menu to choose "Windows 8.1" or "Windows 8.1 (x64)".  The software for your camera hasn't been updated for Windows 10, but the software for Windows 8.1 will work on your computer.

To update your software, click on the [Select] buttons to the right, then click on "How to Download and Install" for installation instructions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Richards

Thanks. This is helpful. I could update to ImgeBrowser EX. However I couldn't update Photostich. It is asking for CD rom, which I received along with camera. Since I am travelling, I don't have it with me.

Is there is anyother option...downloading updated software from Canon site without CD rom?

Hi the procedure starts on page 105 of your user guide then go to the software guide;

Ive provided the links to both guides for you on the bottom

stich.JPG

User Guide

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300002359/03/PSSX20IS_CUG_EN_02.pdf

Software Guide

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300002531/02/IB6.4_EN_02.pdf

Thanks John for your input. However the issue is how to merge images (type STA) on windows 10 computer using Photostich function.

Richard's solution is feasible and I could update "Imagebrowser", which was updated for windows 8.1. (zoombrowser is replaced by Imagebrowser for windows 8.1 - no software available for windows 10).

However I couldn't update photostich since I don't have CD rom (which was provided with computer.

I would like to know whether updated Photostich software is available for windows 8.1, which can be downloaded from Canon website without using CD rom.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sat17,

Thank you for your reply.

As you've seen, the PhotoStitch Updater requires a previously-installed version or the CD-ROM supplied with your camera to be in an optical drive.

That said, I can suggest a work-around:

You may use the "Panorama" function in the Windows Live Photo Gallery.  You can access this function when you click on "Create" option on the menu bar.  If you haven't already done so, you may download and install this program from Microsoft's download.live.com.

Announcements