cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM PRESENTLY CONSIDERING A NEW TRAVEL CAMERA. NEED SUGGESTIONS ON IT

Scrapy1
Contributor

I AM CONSIDERING A NEW CAMERA FOR TRAVEL I PREFER TO CARRY A SMALL COMPACT ONE THAT HAS AS WIDE A RANGE OF ABILITIES AS POSSIBLE.  YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL OCCUR. Ii HAVE TRAVELED WITH A LOT OF LENSES WITH ME AND I FIND THAT I ENJOY THE TRIP MORE IF I KEEP IT LIGHT.  I NEVER CARRIED MUCH ABOUT MOVIES BUT LATELY I HAVE TAKE UP AN INTEREST IN SHOOTING CLIPS. I WANT 1080 CAPABILITIES IN MY NEW CAMERA.. The MOST INFORMANT THING TO ME WOULD BE LENS QUALITY AND THE MATCH OF ZOOM LENS TO M.  PROBABLY ABOUT 16M  BUT 14 COULD WORK.  I  DEFINITELY WANT A SUPERIOR LENS IS OF THE UTMOST CONCERN TO ME.

1 REPLY 1

mjbeejr
Contributor

I suggested this camera to another forum member only moments ago:

Check out the new Canon Digital Elph 110 Hs 16.1 MP. It's not the best over 200 ISO, and it's a bit noisy mechanically speaking, but it's got all the latest Canon goodies. It takes full HD video as good as some moderately priced HD camcorders did only a couple of years ago. My friend, a professional photographer and filmaker, owns one and he uses it when traveling. I've used it and loved it so much I ordered one for my self. I was amazed at the performance and userfriendlyness inherent in this tiny 135g pocket camera. I've seen it listed for as low as $129 from several vendors. The Canon PowerShot Elph 320 HS 16.1 MP is a step up and works better at higher ISO ranges (a lot less noise in the 400 to 800 settings), but it pretty much the same camera in specifications and performance---at twice the price!

Announcements