cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on exposure indicator on canon sx50hs?

osamawazarat
Apprentice
I have been searching the answer for this question but cant find it anywhere therefore i decided to ask it from you guys... I want to turn on exposure indicator which tell u if your image underexposed overexposed or is perfect....
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

smack53
Mentor

The light meter indicator that you refer to will come on in the M mode only on the SX series of cameras. In the other modes, Av, Tv, and P, the exposure compensation will indicate the brightness of the shot with 1/3, -1/3 for example showing in the lower right. All other modes do not allow the light meter indicator and exposure compensation as the camera will handle that.

View solution in original post

t comes on automatically in Manual Mode. It's on the right lower side of the LCD & is a vertical display.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

cicopo
Elite

Sounds like you're trying to turn on the Histogram. Check pages 162 & 163 of the manual. (it wasn't easy to find).

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

No it is not the histogram... It is an indicator which appears at bottom right of the LCD

See page 115 then. That might be the display you're looking for. If it is it won't work in Auto because you can't make changes to the settings the camera will choose.

I think when you press the "DISP" button in playback mode you can change the iformation displayed, same thing in shooting mode.

smack53
Mentor

The light meter indicator that you refer to will come on in the M mode only on the SX series of cameras. In the other modes, Av, Tv, and P, the exposure compensation will indicate the brightness of the shot with 1/3, -1/3 for example showing in the lower right. All other modes do not allow the light meter indicator and exposure compensation as the camera will handle that.

This is what i meant.... But how can i turn it on???

t comes on automatically in Manual Mode. It's on the right lower side of the LCD & is a vertical display.

Vetteran
Enthusiast

Half press shutter button will show what the camera will use. Why not set bracketing? One third stops to +/- 2. The you'll get three pictures to choose from.

Try different exposure compensation too. I hope that you use P mode mostly and take RAW + RGB?

Focus tracking too.

Announcements