cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch between LCD display and view finder using Powershot SX60?

Sjohnson
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon Powershot SX60 and can't figure out how to change between the view finder and the LCD display when taking pictures.  According to the documentation it's supposed to change when I open the LCD display and point turn it towards me.  It doesn't.  The only time it is on is when I turn the settings to C1 or C2.  

Is there a setting somewhere that locks in the view finder?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

Have you tried pressing the Display button on the function dail on the back of your camera a few times to see if that fixes it?

Yes when your screen if folded into the camera with the screen facing the camera so you cannot see it the viewfinder turns on.

And when the screen is turned around so you can see it the screen should come on

There was a similar problem someone had with the SX50HS and he got it back to working right by going into viewing mode to look at the pictures and then into the settings menu and doing a reset to defaults

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Thx John .. my SX60HS Display suddenly stopped working (probably operator error!) .. pressing Display didn't work ... but restore defaults as you describe did ... thx again ... David 

You're welcome David!

How do you reset the default? Pressing the display button several times is not working for me.

I have the same issue on my SX60. Tried pushing DISP button, holding the DISP button, reseting all in any menu I could find and still cannot make it show image on both the viewfinder and LCD screen at once. The LCD wll display photos taken when pushing that button so I know it works, but will only show live on viewfinder.  Almost always use AUTO mode, but also tried C1 and C2 (resetting those too).  My wife uses the LCD when taking photos, so I really would like to get this fixed. Thanks in advance for any help.

@oxfordbob wrote:

I have the same issue on my SX60. Tried pushing DISP button, holding the DISP button, reseting all in any menu I could find and still cannot make it show image on both the viewfinder and LCD screen at once. The LCD wll display photos taken when pushing that button so I know it works, but will only show live on viewfinder.  Almost always use AUTO mode, but also tried C1 and C2 (resetting those too).  My wife uses the LCD when taking photos, so I really would like to get this fixed. Thanks in advance for any help.

The camera will never show photos in both the viewfinder and the rear screen.  In fact, I'm not so sure if the camera can even display photos in the viewfinder, at all.  Your camera is working as it was designed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the response, but the real issue is I can't take pictures using the LCD screen - I used to be able to, but can't find where to set that. I thought it would auto switch to the screen when it was opened. 

thank you, i have have my camera for a few years and use it ocasionally,but never had this problem before,so i thought my camera was broken

Announcements