cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch between LCD display and view finder using Powershot SX60?

Sjohnson
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon Powershot SX60 and can't figure out how to change between the view finder and the LCD display when taking pictures.  According to the documentation it's supposed to change when I open the LCD display and point turn it towards me.  It doesn't.  The only time it is on is when I turn the settings to C1 or C2.  

Is there a setting somewhere that locks in the view finder?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

Have you tried pressing the Display button on the function dail on the back of your camera a few times to see if that fixes it?

Yes when your screen if folded into the camera with the screen facing the camera so you cannot see it the viewfinder turns on.

And when the screen is turned around so you can see it the screen should come on

There was a similar problem someone had with the SX50HS and he got it back to working right by going into viewing mode to look at the pictures and then into the settings menu and doing a reset to defaults

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

John_
Authority

Have you tried pressing the Display button on the function dail on the back of your camera a few times to see if that fixes it?

Yes when your screen if folded into the camera with the screen facing the camera so you cannot see it the viewfinder turns on.

And when the screen is turned around so you can see it the screen should come on

There was a similar problem someone had with the SX50HS and he got it back to working right by going into viewing mode to look at the pictures and then into the settings menu and doing a reset to defaults

That did fix it. You have to press the display button twice.

Thanks John!

Your quite welcome enjoy your camera!! I have it's older sibling the SX50HS which is similar to yours!

Yes thanks, pressing twice worked

I tried that and it did not help. I can review the pictures already taken using left/right but cannot get to "live" view on the viewfinder. This is a brand new camera (three days old). Any other ideas?

I dont have any other ideas, sorry. If you tried all those things then I strongly suggest you contact Canon to make a formal problem report and see what they say. Your camera is brand new and you should get this on record just in case it is intermittent, goes away, comes back etc.

Thank you. I have submitted an email request to their tech support.

@Clayton wrote:
Thank you. I have submitted an email request to their tech support.

Make sure the camera is not in Video mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks so much! I've been fooling with this problem for weeks, using other modes instead of my favorite C2, and all I needed to do was (after reading your suggestion) push the display button a couple of times.

Announcements