cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up wifi for powershot elph130 IS on Mac with OS X Mavericks v10.9?

Misspea
Apprentice
How do you set up wifi on Mac? When I go to camerawindow dc (I downloaded the program) and attempt to set up it states "update the application. To set your camera, update CameraWindow DC" however there are no options to update. Anyone have any suggestions???
4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Misspea,

CameraWindow has been updated.  Click here to go to our website.  Once there, make sure the correct version of Mac is detected, then click on Software.

Now click on "CameraWindow DC 8.10.2b for Mac OS X".  On the next page, click on "READ MORE" for download and installation instructions.

If you experience any difficulty, please click here for additional contact options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am really disappointed with this set-up process.  It took me forever to Google this answer, which might not even be the solution to my problem as it has taken 20 minutes to download the driver.  And Canon thinks that "update the application" is an acceptable error message.  Maybe a link to the download page would be useful?  And I read the booklet, which is completely un-helpful in troubleshooting any issues.  I'm going to Brazil tomorrow, and I've spent the last two hours trying to get my cool new wifi-enabled camera to interface with the internet.  This is my last Canon camera.

Update:  All I get is a "this zip file is invalid" message.  You guys are a tech company, right?

foreverkat,

Thanks for posting.

I understand how frustrating not being able to connect your new camera to your computer can be.  We want to assist you with connecting your camera, but first we need some additional information from you.  It will help us to determine why you are unable to connect.

1. Do you have OS X 10.9 Mavericks on your computer or a different operating system?
  2. Are you connecting directly to the computer or through a router?
  3. At what point in the setup process do you receive error messages?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a PC but was able to find the zip file using this answer.  I had to install it twice to get it to work.  Now I can add FB to my camera, but I get an SSL certificate not valid error when I try to access it.  I tried googling, realized my date was set to 2013 instead of 2014, but don't know how to reset it to stop getting the error.  All it says is to "follow onscreen instructions", but nothing pops up (ever) when I plug in my computer.  I have to manually start CameraWindow (which is fine - one problem at a time).  I tried reseting the wireless settings from the menu on the camera, restarting the computer, I think I may have even tried restoring factory default settings, but I'm not certain.  I am connecting directly through the USB cable that came w/ the camera, and I do have the CD that came in the box.  

Announcements