cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download pictures to my computer?

cakbu
Apprentice

For Canon PowerShot SX510HS what software do I need in order to download pictures from my camera to my computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you connect the camera to your pc via usb, the pc should "see" the camera as a drive.

You will be able to transfer the pictures, or the directory, to a directory on your hard drive.

DPP will be able to open all the pictures on the camera. 

As previously noted, much better to use a card reader - they are not dear.

nb, must be able to read SD HC.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Skirball
Authority

Do you have an SD card reader on your computer?  If so, I'd recommend doing it that way over connecting your camera to your computer.  So much so, that I'd recommend buying a cheap card reader if you need one.  It's just easier than connecting the camera.

But if you really want to connect the camera to the computer then go here and download the Digital Camera Software program:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx510_hs#DriversAn...

I went through the download process twice and although the CameraWindow and Photostitch both load, the ImageBrowser EX will not load.  Any suggestions?

When you connect the camera to your pc via usb, the pc should "see" the camera as a drive.

You will be able to transfer the pictures, or the directory, to a directory on your hard drive.

DPP will be able to open all the pictures on the camera. 

As previously noted, much better to use a card reader - they are not dear.

nb, must be able to read SD HC.

What doe it mean and where do I find the CD to place in the computer's CD-ROM drive.  Where is it located on the computer. I have a Cannon Powershot SD1400IS and was able to download some phone photos long ago but it is not happening now.  I connect cord to the camera and computer but nothing happens.

I have the Cannon Powershot SD1400IS camera and can't download any new pictures.  I read in my instructions to click Import Images from camera ok and then click Import Untransferred Images but nowhere can I find Import Untransferred  Images so now what?

@Jos11 wrote:

I have the Cannon Powershot SD1400IS camera and can't download any new pictures.  I read in my instructions to click Import Images from camera ok and then click Import Untransferred Images but nowhere can I find Import Untransferred  Images so now what?

Did you see the previous post by Skirball?  Try clicking on the link.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

What computer do have? You may not need Canon software at all.

Announcements