Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to download pictures to my computer?

For Canon PowerShot SX510HS what software do I need in order to download pictures from my camera to my computer?

Respected Contributor

Re: How to download pictures to my computer?

Do you have an SD card reader on your computer?  If so, I'd recommend doing it that way over connecting your camera to your computer.  So much so, that I'd recommend buying a cheap card reader if you need one.  It's just easier than connecting the camera.

But if you really want to connect the camera to the computer then go here and download the Digital Camera Software program:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx510_hs#DriversAn...

New Contributor

I went through the download process twice and although the CameraWindow and Photostitch both load, the ImageBrowser EX will not load.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you connect the camera to your pc via usb, the pc should "see" the camera as a drive.

You will be able to transfer the pictures, or the directory, to a directory on your hard drive.

DPP will be able to open all the pictures on the camera. 

As previously noted, much better to use a card reader - they are not dear.

nb, must be able to read SD HC.