cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should rechargeable batteries last in the Power shot 120?

gloryg
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Power Shot 120.  I have been noticing the batteries have been draining very quickly.  Just today I put in brand new fully charged NIMP batteries.  They didn't every last half an hour and the battery display came own showing the batteries were almost out of power.  I took about 100 pictures.

Is there something wrong with camera?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

FNGRyan
Apprentice
Try Duracell batteries, not rechargeables, then if they drain quickly, you know it's the camera. I had a problem with one type of rechargeable batteries that wouldn't take a charge and lasted only a couple of minutes after a 2 hour charge, so maybe it's the batteries. Hope that helps.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi gloryg,

I agree.  You should try some alternate batteries in the camera.  You should also try cleaning off the contacts on the batteries and inside the battery compartment with a soft microfiber cleaning cloth.  If the batteries still drain too quickly, the camera will need to be serviced.

To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements