cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view the GPS info stored on the SD card of the Powershot SX260 on my laptop?

supernora
Apprentice

How do I view the GPS info stored on the SD card of the Powershot SX260 on my laptop?  (A Mac) I just downloaded Browser EX, but that doesn't seem to help me view the GPS data and locate that data on a map.

Help!!!

Thanks, appreciate your response.

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
You will need the Canon Map Utility software. It is installed with BrowserEX.

Click [Go] in the menu bar, select [Applications] -> [Canon Utilities] -> [Map Utility], and then click [Map Utility] to start the software.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

hsbn
Whiz

I got this from Canon website, hope it helps.

REFERENCE

• If using Mac OS X

Click [Go] in the menu bar, select [Applications] -> [Canon Utilities] -> [Map Utility], and then click [Map Utility] to start the software.

2. The following window appears.

The image added by clicking the [Add images]() button appears.
The [Add images] button

The Map Utility window

A window like the one below appears when [Map Utility] is running.

The image selected in [ImageBrowser EX] or added by clicking the () button appears.
Enter a location to find corresponding images.
Click to export location files that can be viewed in Google Earth. (Use of these files requires Google Earth to be installed. Note that display may be incorrect in some versions of Google Earth.)
Add images.
Add or remove image location information.
Label images in the current map area with landmark names.
Shooting locations are indicated by pins on the map.
The current image is shown in a pop-up window.

REFERENCE
[Managing GPS logs]
If you want to manage GPS log files, click [GPS Log File].

Lists GPS log files.
Import GPS log files from a camera or memory card.
Add a GPS log file.
Change GPS log time difference information.
Remove a GPS log file from the list.
Click to filter log information display. Adjust display conditions as needed for a better view of the route on the map.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Hi Guys.

How do I go about downloading the software needed to view on a map the locations of pictures taken, preferably Google Earth? I use a Windows laptop. I've searched the Canon site but without any luck. I have a SX260 HS camera.

Thanks

Announcements