Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I connect wirelessly from my Canon SX700HS to my iPhone5s?

I can not get my iphone to connect wirelessly to the Canon SX700HS. I am able to see the Canon SX700 in the wifi section of my iPhone and I am able to select it. When I open the EOS Remote application and select Camera Connection, I see the camera showing up at the bottom of the window as a WiFi Connection, but it does not show up as a detected camera at the top of the window screen. Is there a setting I need to change? Please help. Do I need to enter the SSDI info on my iPhone 5s? If yes, Where do I enter this informtion?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: How do I connect wirelessly from my Canon SX700HS to my iPhone5s?

Late last night, and pretty painlessly, I managed to pair my new Powershot SX600 HS with my ("old") iPhone 4s.

I think obviously you did download the 2 applicable Canon software apps onto your phone. 

Right now, I'm in a bit of a fog, but wanted to share this with you. I was helped by the Canon user manual info at this link, in the "Wireless" section somewhere around p. 89:  

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300013588/02/pssx600hs-cu2-en.pdf

Canon wireless pairing to a windowsphone is another story entirely. 

Cheers! 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: How do I connect wirelessly from my Canon SX700HS to my iPhone5s?

Thanks so much for your help. I reread the manual and discovered there were 2 applications I needed to load on my smartphone as you stated.  I had not loaded the Camera Window I had only loaded the EOS Remote. Thanks again for your assistance.