cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Remove The Date Stamp Setting On The Powershot A590 IS?

DrSolomonology
Apprentice

The Date Stamp on our Powershot A590 IS was set by accident, and now we cannot seem to remove it. Anyone know how to change this setting, so that the Date Stamp will not be embedded within our photos (it even seems to be showing up on ALL of our pictures, not just the postcard sized ones . . . but those are our biggest problem, as that's the size we tend to use most)?

Again, I'm not asking how to remove a Date Stamp from a picture, but how to change the settings so that the Date Stamp isn't applied in the first place. 

Any help would be appreciated; Thanks!

-DrSolomonology

7 REPLIES 7

hsbn
Whiz

Press the power button.
Select a shooting mode.
1. Set the mode switch to (shooting).
2. Set the mode dial to .
• You can also make this setting in other shooting modes
(except Easy and movie modes).

Select DATE/STAMP

Press FUNC/SET button

Press UP/DOWN or LEFT RIGHT button to change the settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you for trying, but as I said, I have read through the manual . . . and while this is how to embed the Date Stamp, it does not seem to work for removing that setting.  Robot Sad

In fact, my printed copy is slightly different, and rather than:

"Select DATE/STAMP

Press FUNC/SET button

Press UP/DOWN or LEFT RIGHT button to change the settings."

it reads:

"3. Select DATE/STAMP

(1) Press FUNC/SET button

(2) Use the UP or DOWN button to select [L]

(3) Use the LEFT or RIGHT button to select [DATE/STAMP]"

Unfortunately, it does NOT provide a method for UNselecting the Date Stamp, as I said, and now it's stuck there no matter what mode we seem to be shooting in . . . 

-DrSolomonology

There is a date time setting in the direct print settings...maybe that one is causing it or a reset may be needed to clear that date time stamp. Doesnt make sense there is no way to turn it off.. I looked through the manual myself...other than that there's nothing.

How do you perform a reset?

-Dr.solomonology

You should remove the battery and memory card for at least a half hour to rest the camera. There is also a reset under the tools icon in the menu that should reset the camera to factory defaults.

Its in one of the menus, I forgot which one but it is in the manual that I pulled of the internet for that camera. I know I saw it there.

The only way is to Reset All - one option in the menu. Unfortunately, you lose all your other settings as well.

Announcements