cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to get the most out of my Powershot SX530 HS

jacobfrey121
Apprentice

Hi all, this past summer while on holiday my point and shoot died. I needed a replace,met immediately and went for Canon Powershot SX530 without as much research as I normally would do.

I’m having trouble getting good shots with it, particularly I’m finding I often get white skies when they should be nice blues

Is there anyone that can suggest settings that might help, whether auto or manual, or point me in the direction of any guides or tutorials I could learn from? I’m travelling to Thailand soon and am really, really keen to get the best photos that I can.

1 REPLY 1

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Sounds like you are overexposing the sky.  What mode are you using with the camera?  Also, what is the scene you are trying to capture.  Note that all cameras cannot capture the full dynamic range of what the eye can see; and less expensive cameras will do a worse job as well.

i.e. if your scene is of a subject that's in the shade, but you also have a very bright sky in the scene... then when the subject is exposed properly, the sky will be overexposed.

This is all just a guess; you'll have to either post some example photos or at least describe the scene.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements