cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: New G7X and DPP4 problem

Scruffy
Apprentice

Hi all. Need some advice. I purchased a new G7X and downloaded DPP4 into Windows 8.1 per the instructions on the Canon support site with the camera attached by USB cable. Computer verified the camera All programs were successfully downloaded and installed. However, I can not edit any transferred images in either JPEG or RAW. They download into the program and I can do things like rotate the image, but none of the editing tools from the tool palette work. In RAW it displays a pen with "NO" symbol icon and in JPEG the sliders are unresponsive.

I am able to process JPEGS and RAW in DPP 3.9 which I had previously downloaded for my old G12. Any suggestions about DPP4 are appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Scruffy
Apprentice

FIXED!! Major thanks to Josh at Canon tech support. DPP4.3 now working for my G&X. It supports both RAW and JPEG post processing.

Was it unique to your setup or something the community could learn from.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Probably something the community needs to be aware of: If you go to the Canon GX7 product page -   http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_g7_x#DriversAndSof...

You will see under the highlighted "Recommended Downloads" heading a file descrription with link for Digitla Software 4.3 for Windows.  DO NOT use that link to downoad the software, (even though it is intuitively what you would click on). It will download the older version which is not compatible with the G7X.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Software". A hidden drop down menu will appear. Click on "Digital Photo Proffessional 4.3 for Windows". That is the correct software to support the G7X. NOT the top link mentioned above which you would think is correct.. 

Hope this saves others a potential headache in the future.

Thank you for figuring this out! I just bought a G7X and it came with no help on how to view or edit RAW files. The Canon web site is sadly very unhelpful. Your information allowed me to download the correct version and I can now view and edit the RAW files from my G7X. Thankfully Canon know how to make good cameras. Pity about the after sales support.
Announcements