cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Cannot use SX280-HS to transfer pictures

staaal
Apprentice

I have a new MacBook Pro and it seems that the computer will not recognize the camera.  I'm using the cable that plugs into the camera and has a USB plug at the other end.  I have to use a USB to USB-C connecter so that I can plug this into the laptop.  The original CD disc, Digital Camera Solution Disk cannot be used since the new computer does not have a disc drive. The Cannon site does not have this software available.  Any ideas.

Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alexpilion
Enthusiast

Using a USB Type C connector means it is an USB 3.0 controller trying to connect to the camera;
I had better luck on using legacy USB devices with recent laptops by connecting them to an hub like this one

https://www.trust.com/it/product/21320-oila-usb-c-to-4-port-standard-usb-2-0-hub-(type-a)

rather then directly to the laptop port since backward compatibility for builtin USB ports often is only with USB 2.1 devices

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It appears that the newer MacBook Pros come with a USB-C to SD card reader cable.  Have you tried removing your camera's SD card and trying that out?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I do not remember my macbook pro coming with a usb-c to SD card reader cable.  Stay tuned while I look for this, possibly asking my friends if they have one, or I have to buy one.

Thanks

alexpilion
Enthusiast

Using a USB Type C connector means it is an USB 3.0 controller trying to connect to the camera;
I had better luck on using legacy USB devices with recent laptops by connecting them to an hub like this one

https://www.trust.com/it/product/21320-oila-usb-c-to-4-port-standard-usb-2-0-hub-(type-a)

rather then directly to the laptop port since backward compatibility for builtin USB ports often is only with USB 2.1 devices

Announcements