Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Have SX50HS. Using DPP version 3 - How do I save a 50% or 100% view from tools tab?

Have SX50HS. Using DPP version 3 - How do I save a 50% or 100% view from tools tab?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Have SX50HS. Using DPP version 3 - How do I save a 50% or 100% view from tools tab?

Im not sure of your question.

You can resize and save an image from the--- File~~>Convert and Save option

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Have SX50HS. Using DPP version 3 - How do I save a 50% or 100% view from tools tab?

I'm working with the RAW image. I've been taking pics of flowers in the macro setting. The lense is 6 inches or less from the flower. When I go to View tab and choose a 50% or 100% view the result is often one I would like to keep. I assumed that choosing file then save as would do that. It does not. I have asked this question on the Ugly Hedgehog site as well and have had a number of responses - none of which have worked. Suggestions?

Highlighted
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jcronan50, 

With regards to your question, it sounds like you want to crop the image.  Just viewing it at 50% or 100% isn't enough, that simply shows you the view- it doesn't save it.  For that you need to edit the image using the trimming tool or crop tool.  The trimming tool allows you to crop a smaller section of the image and then save it. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Open youtube and go to Canon DPP tutorial 11/19