cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7x ii screen press makes click sound

Macedor
Apprentice
Hi guys, I have the G7x Mark II and I dropped it. Now when I press down on the screen, a clicking noise appears. I believe that the bottom right side of the camera, towards the screw for the hinge is the area that took the hit. The screen is not stable when pressed down on the left side as it press in too far. Not sure how to fully explain it. Nothing looks physically wrong.
3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Macedor,

Thanks for posting.

From your description, it sounds like your camera will require service to correct this issue.

You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair. When accessing our site, we recommend the use of updated versions of  the Chrome or Firefox browsers.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair", the follow the instructions that follow.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

John_
Authority

Maybe you knocked a screw or screws loose from the fall? Have you tried to tighten the tiny screws you can see? I would try that first in an attempt to avoid a costly repair bill. Unless you purchased accidental damage protection any repairs for that most likely will not be covered under warranty.

duffyemma17
Apprentice
if you need new screws go to a watch repair shop. They have similar size screws and ended up working out! paid $5 and all good now. also seems like stronger screws. an eyeglass repair shop may have similiar screws also
Announcements