cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7x Mark iii Hdmi Streaming

brnidude
Apprentice

I want to livestream via hdmi out. OBS shows black screen. Is there a way to get live video into streaming?

17 REPLIES 17

Alpinewonders
Contributor
I am trying to also use my new MarkIII as a webcam, I down loaded the new beta utility but when I plug in my USB-C to the camera, the camera shuts off. I think the computer is recognizing it as a storage device not as a webcam, Windows 10. Any ideas?

Hi Alpinewonders,

Yeah it sounds like the camera may not be in the right mode. You want to be sure the camera is set to movie mode, as well as the proper exposure setting, before you connect the USB cable. This will signal to the EOS Webcam Utility that you wish to use the camera as a webcam rather than to just transfer your files.

My G5X-II appers to shut off when I connect it via USB, but launching my viedo meeting software (Skype, for me), brings it back to life. Note that I also needed to uninstall the Skype I had, which likely came from the MS Store, and reinstall it fromthe SKype website, to make it work.

Alpinewonders
Contributor
Thank you. I did have it in movie 🎥 mode on the dial on top. Any other specific setting suggestions you could make. I have scoured the canon site as well asYoutube. It must be something easy cuz no one else seems to be having this problem. The camera just shuts off as soon as you plug in the usb. It will turn on again for a second and then turn off on its own. I change the power saving mode and so that the camera stays on and the screen stays on. And still it turns off when plugged into USB it’s like it’s trying to download pictures instead of act as a WebCam.

@Alpinewonders wrote:
Thank you. I did have it in movie 🎥 mode on the dial on top. Any other specific setting suggestions you could make. I have scoured the canon site as well asYoutube. It must be something easy cuz no one else seems to be having this problem.

The camera just shuts off as soon as you plug in the usb.

It will turn on again for a second and then turn off on its own. I change the power saving mode and so that the camera stays on and the screen stays on. And still it turns off when plugged into USB it’s like it’s trying to download pictures instead of act as a WebCam.

Is the camera turned on when you connect it?  The camera should not be turned on when you connect it to your computer.  You should make the connection via USB, and THEN turn on the camera.  This is how you should always connect the camera to a computer.  It doesn't matter if you are downloading files, using it as a web camera, or for some other task.

You also need to make sure the regular Canon software for downloading files from the camera is completely disabled.  

If changed power saving modes, and maybe some other stuff, then eset the camera back to factory defaults.  Changing settings will only confuse things.  The Utility must make a set of assumptions about how the camera is setup, which most likely means the factory default settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Alpinewonders
Contributor
Waddizzle thank you. How do I resent to factory settings? My camera does not turn on automatically when I open my webinar software (GoToWebinar). I tried it with the camera turned on because that’s what the canon website instructions say. I have also tried plugging it in with the camera turned off and then opening my Meetings software selecting the camera from within the WebCam utility the camera still stays turned off when you turn it on manually on the body of the camera it turns on momentarily then shuts itself off. I appreciate your suggestions. Does it matter if my camera is connected to WiFi? How do I turn that off to try with no Wifi on the camera?

Jhutter23
Apprentice
I want through two of these cameras and on both of them the HDMI port is very touchy. The screen keeps going black. Anyone else having this issue?

franka0219
Apprentice

I think that the new firmware only need to support disable energy saving when PD power plug in.

Announcements