cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X: Disconnects while "sending to computer"

EP2016
Apprentice

I've been so frustrated lately with both the lack of support from and the fact that I'm unable to get their software working.

My G7X "sends to computer", but while it goes through the motions, nothing is actually sent and it disconnects before the progress bar moves.

The Canon Image Transfer Utility says it's receiving photos, but it's not.

CameraWindow doesn't even load and it stalls at the CameraWindow popup screen while loading - if I disconnect my camera manually, CameraWindow suddenly loads, but says the camera isn't connected!

I'm at my wits end here. Can anyone help? I've reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch TWICE, and also updated to Windows 10 TWICE and this problem persists regardless - no other software other than chrome is on the PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EP2016
Apprentice

SOLVED:

After many days and countless hours with Canon tech support, I've found the culprit. 

In my Netgear router settings, I have "access control" enabled.  While the camera is on the "allowed list", there was a conflict there, and once access control was turned of the camera worked as expected. 

To those pulling their hair out - check to see if your router has a similar feature.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

EP2016
Apprentice

SOLVED:

After many days and countless hours with Canon tech support, I've found the culprit. 

In my Netgear router settings, I have "access control" enabled.  While the camera is on the "allowed list", there was a conflict there, and once access control was turned of the camera worked as expected. 

To those pulling their hair out - check to see if your router has a similar feature.

Announcements