Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

G7 X Mark II shuts down when usb plugged into computer

I want to use CaptureWindow to import images to my computer. When I plug in the USB cord, the camera shuts down. Is this a driver issue? I had just downloaded all the software (DPP, CaptureWindow) from Canon's website today (I just bought this camera).

Thank you.

VIP

Re: G7 XMark II shuts down when usb plugged into computer

@Pearson100 wrote:

I want to use CaptureWindow to import images to my computer. When I plug in the USB cord, the camera shuts down. Is this a driver issue? I had just downloaded all the software (DPP, CaptureWindow) from Canon's website today (I just bought this camera).

Thank you.

Sounds like a bad cable to me.  How new is the camera?

I'm almost certain that model does not come with a USB cable.  Where did you get yours?  It might be a charging cable, not a data cable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
New Contributor

I just bought the G7X today. And I've been using this cable for data transfer for other devices.

VIP

@Pearson100 wrote:

I just bought the G7X today. And I've been using this cable for data transfer for other devices.

Where did you buy it?  Take it back for a refund.  I have come to dislike Big Box stores, especially Blue ones.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Super Contributor

Re: G7 X Mark II shuts down when usb plugged into computer

Your camera is wifi capable, the USB function is disabled.