cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5x Mark II, Talk me down

Pauly_6_String
Enthusiast

Hello all.  I am having a bad case of the 'wants' for the G5x Mk II.  I currently have a Sony RX100 M3 and am soliciting advice and opinions on whether it is worth switching to the G5x.

I have 2 other Canon DSLR's and like the idea of commonality across all my cameras.  Touchscreen and Canon menu would be nice.  Im sure 4K would be of use to me at some point too.

Anyone with experoence using both of these care to talk me down off the needless purchase cliff?  Or push me over the edge.

Either way thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

As far as switching from Sony to Canon?  No hesitation from me there.  Sony has some merits but in the end Canon is my choice.

While I appreciate the convienence of a point and shoot, I left that world long ago.  If you need a flash shoe get the G5x, if not and compact is your goal, the G7x mkII wins. 

Sony has that funky LCD top attach (whatever that thing is).  At least you'll get a real articulating screen with a Canon. 

All 3 of those cameras share similar characteristics.  1 in sensor, approx 20MP, similar lens.  If you have $500-600 to burn, there you go. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks

Announcements