cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5x Mark 2 focus issue

asdhuang
Contributor

When using AUTO mode,
Focus on near object around 5~10cm, it can focus correctly and recognize as MACRO mode in GUI. And then point object around 3 meter or farther, it can not focus correctly any more.
But when using P mode with center focus mode,  it would not have this issue.

Because I love the "Hybrid Auto mode" to capture image and video in the same time, if using P mode I can only capture image or video.

My firmware is the latest one released on 12/12.

Not make sure if it is my camera's issue or it is an bug of G5X Mark 2?
Anyone meet the same issue?

More informaiton, it easily reproduce when optical zoom is 3x to 5x.

15 REPLIES 15

Tim
Authority

asdhuang, 

We are sorry to hear this is the case.  We recommend sending the unit to Canon to get this issue resolved.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

www.usa.canon.com/service

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your replies.
But in P mode, the camera works well, I think it is not physical error in the camera.

It may be an bug in the AUTO mode. Because I check this in other forum and find this issue can be reproduced easily.

asdhuang
Contributor
Hello, anyone here?

Hi,

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE. You can also contact technical Canon Knowledge Base support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

We hope this helps!

Hi Porcha,

Thanks for the replies, I have checked the knowledge base but can not find any related solution.

Hope Canon can help to check this issue. 

Hoping this camera can make us enjoy the image capturing in AUTO but not need to do some workaround after each capturing.

Regards

Ana-Luis
Apprentice

Facing the Same issue :((

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the update. Because it is the scene easily to meet, hope Canon can check that .

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
There is nothing wrong with your cameras.

If the camera is in Macro mode, it can focus on items that are very close to the lens and magnify them. In Macro mode it is not able to focus on more distant subjects. It seems that you lose the ability to focus out to infinity

When the camera is not in Macro mode, you are not able to focus on subjects very close to the camera. However, you do have the ability to focus all the way out to infinity.

This is the whole point of having a Macro mode.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

asdhuang
Contributor

I think It is not make sense that the camera can not focus anymore in “AUTO” mode when leave the Macro scene.
It is expected that it can not focus on far scene when I set in macro mode. But it is not expected the camera can not “Auto” detect Macro/far scene when in AUTO mode.

Announcements