cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5X mk II firmware bugs?

keith1200rs
Apprentice

I have just got my G5X mk ii and updated to the latest firmware (1.1.0) and have noticed a couple of problems which seem like firmware bugs:

1. on one occasion, the RAW and JPG file numbering differed.  I took a photo on aperture priority and retook the same shot immediately after using HDR.  I expected a RAW + JPG from the first shot and only JPG from the second.  That is sort of what I got but the RAW from the first shot had the same number as the second shot JPG, not the first.  All other shots I took the same day, with a mix of Av & Scene modes, are numbered fine.

2. I set "auto review" off.  On several occasions it has decided to turn itself back on to "2 seconds".  I think it is when using either scene modes or creative filters but I have not been able to find out a sequence or combination that makes it happen.

I have contacted Canon Support and they suggested a reset.  I have done that, but the second problem still persists.  I cannot be sure about the first problem because it has only happened once and I have not had a chance to go out shooting photos I want to keep since - just reading the manual and playing indoors at the moment.

I wondered if anyone else has found a similar problem?

I am not new to the Canon Powershots or cameras in general.  I have had a G9X for several years and shoot RAW+JPG on that and have quite a bit of Panasonic/Olympus M43 gear as well.

The only other cause I can think of is a memory fault in the camera itself, although I would have expected a more disastrous result.

Thanks for any suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6

asdhuang
Contributor

I also meet the same issue. It seems exist in prevous version and still not fix in latest version.

It's useful to know it's not just me!  I have found out a sequence of operations that causes the auto review to turn on (take a picture in panorama mode then switch to HDS backlight scene mode and take another).  I haven't found out exaclty when the numbering fails yet.

Keith.

Tim
Authority

keith1200rs, 

We recommend checking into the Canon web site through this link for additional support information. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, I am already running 1.1.0.  I am in discussions with Canon support but they cannot repropduce the problem.  I have the option of returning the camera if it is faulty as I only just bought it, but if it is a firmware fault that would seem pointless.  So, I was interested if anyone else has noticed the same problems.

I also try to report fcous bug on the community or canon service.
But canon seems not able to process the bug's report here or canon service. 

I understand you have questions on reporting errors or bugs with the PowerShot G5X Mark II.  For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support.  Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements