cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5X mk II - How to stop focus frame from moving when I touch the screen

nokudzu
Apprentice

How do I turn off the "feature"? I don't want the focus frame moving to where I touch the screen. I want it centered on the LCD screen almost all of the time.

7 REPLIES 7

Tim
Authority

Hello nokudzo, 

In order to prevent this from occurring you can set the touch ccontrols to Off.  Go into the Menu and to the wrench menu and set touch control to disable.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, but ... I don't want to lose touch control for other/all functions shown on the screen, those are fine. I just want the focus frame to stay put.

any other suggestions?

Hi nokudzu,

When shooting with the LCD screen, look for an icon on the bottom left of the screen. Tap it to make sure that it is set to off.

To lock the autofocus, press shutter halfway down then press the left button on the back of the camera. That should lock the autofocus.

Thanks, but ... I don't want the focus point rectangle on the LCD screen of the camera to move when I touch the screen. I already had touch for shutter already off.

@nokudzu wrote:

Thanks, but ... I don't want the focus point rectangle on the LCD screen of the camera to move when I touch the screen. I already had touch for shutter already off.

Disable the touch function in the screen entirely.  Or, switch the camera the camera to MF mode, which disables AF mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stevesch
Apprentice

I talked to Canon several months ago regarding the same issue.  They suggested the same idiotic solution to me.  I tried to explain as you have.  They didn't get it.  They're not paid to get it.  It's one of several really blatantly design errors in the camera.

Yes, I was very disappointed with their non-answer. I just have to remember to always tap the center of the screen to be sure the focus point is somewhere close to the center. I'm sure this could be solved with a software upgrade. But they don't seem to be interested. I am not pleased. That's too bad, because I like the camera overall. It's a nice "grab a camera" when I don't want to lug around my regular gear.

Announcements