Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

G5X MK2 light meter

Is there any mode wherin I can point the camera at the subject and get a meter reading that includes aperture and shutter speed so I can work from there? Thanks in advance.

VIP

Re: G5X MK2 light meter

@lightwriter wrote:

Is there any mode wherin I can point the camera at the subject and get a meter reading that includes aperture and shutter speed so I can work from there? Thanks in advance.

Any shooting mode can give you exposure settings, just like a light meter would.  Have you ever used a light meter?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Esteemed Contributor

You just need to press the shutter half-way and hold it. There are some other subtleties (exposure lock, spot metering...), so read your manual.

Occasional Contributor

Apologies. I've been away from photography for awhile and just getting used to the Canon way.