cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5 X WIfi Connection

pjfrody
Apprentice

My G5 X recognizes my PC, (HP Windows 10), but will not connect.  Camera Connection Application installed.

I'm lost for ideas...any help would be deeply appreciated...thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Product Support page for your camera contains "Wireless" help.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca... 

The first step is to reset your camera back to factory defaults.  Delete any wireless setup you currently have configured.  Do not rename your camera's default wireless name, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am having similar challenges setting up the Wifi connection on a new Dell PC (Latitude 7950) with a G9 X that was already set up with an older PC. 

Would you recommend the same course of action-resetting to factory defaults and removing the existing Wifi setting?

If so, what other settings are lost when doing the reset?

Thanks,

clem

Forgot to add some detail: sometimes the CameraWindow splash screen comes up but usually not, and the splash screen never goes away.

It has the added issue of then changing the mouse to nearly microscopic size, but that is probably due to the very high res screen the PC has and the age of the software.

Thanks for any help,

clem

@clementine wrote:

I am having similar challenges setting up the Wifi connection on a new Dell PC (Latitude 7950) with a G9 X that was already set up with an older PC. 

Would you recommend the same course of action-resetting to factory defaults and removing the existing Wifi setting?

If so, what other settings are lost when doing the reset?

Thanks,

clem

The camera reset will clear out almost everything.  I suggest that you write down any critical settings that you want to keep around.  You may need to perform a separate reset for Wi-Fi, though, and not need to clear the entire camera.

Nest, follow the instructions in the wireless user guide.  You can download it at the link I posted.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks Waddizzle,

So you mean delete the current Wifi config on the camera and simply try again?  Failing that, try the factory reset?

-clem

Announcements