cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G16 wifi set-up

L8keCanon
Apprentice

Just got the G16 and having a hard time figuring out the directions in the manual for setting up the wifi. Any better step by step directions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi L8keCanon!

Thanks for posting.

I have done my best to simplify the steps for you.  Please do the following to make the connection:

1. Make sure you have installed the CameraWindow app on your iPad.  It can be downloaded from the App Store.
  2. Press the PLAYBACK button, then press the WI-FI button next to the MENU button to open the Wi-Fi menu.
  3. Choose to connect to a smartphone.  I know you are connecting to a tablet, but it is essentially the same.
  4. Select [Add a Device]. An SSID for the camera will now be displayed on the screen.  Please make note of it.
  5. On your iPad, open the Wi-Fi connections screen.  There should be a network listed with an SSID matching the one for the camera.  Connect to it.
  6. Start CameraWindow on your iPad.  You will need to register a nickname for your iPad.  When you do, your camera should detect the iPad and the connection screen will be displayed on the camera.
  7. Choose to connect to the iPad.
  8. Adjust the privacy setting by choosing [Yes] to allow images on camera to be viewed on your iPad.

You can now use your iPad to receive images sent from the camera or geotag images on the camera.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi L8keCanon!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

Trying to set up G16 wifi to my iPad air.
The manual directions are unclear. Does anyone have better step by step directions?

Hi L8keCanon!

Thanks for posting.

I have done my best to simplify the steps for you.  Please do the following to make the connection:

1. Make sure you have installed the CameraWindow app on your iPad.  It can be downloaded from the App Store.
  2. Press the PLAYBACK button, then press the WI-FI button next to the MENU button to open the Wi-Fi menu.
  3. Choose to connect to a smartphone.  I know you are connecting to a tablet, but it is essentially the same.
  4. Select [Add a Device]. An SSID for the camera will now be displayed on the screen.  Please make note of it.
  5. On your iPad, open the Wi-Fi connections screen.  There should be a network listed with an SSID matching the one for the camera.  Connect to it.
  6. Start CameraWindow on your iPad.  You will need to register a nickname for your iPad.  When you do, your camera should detect the iPad and the connection screen will be displayed on the camera.
  7. Choose to connect to the iPad.
  8. Adjust the privacy setting by choosing [Yes] to allow images on camera to be viewed on your iPad.

You can now use your iPad to receive images sent from the camera or geotag images on the camera.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike-

Thanks so much for replying. Your directions should help!

Alice

Hi- I have followed these directions to a 't' and the camera reconizes my phone, and the network connection is established.  As soon as I get to the question for 'Connecting - Allow images on camera to be viewed on target device?" and I select Yes, it errors out and goes back to the connection screen menu to select a device.  Please help!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements