cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G15 question - Manual mode

joester
Apprentice

Hello all,

I recently picked up a G15 and am havong a bit of trouble with manual mode. If I attempt exposures over 1 secnd, the ISO greys out and the images are black regardless of the length of exposure. if I keep exposure under 1 second, everything works as expected.

I know that the camera wouldn't dis-allow longer exposures or they wouldn't be ofered so I'm assuming there is a setting I haven't figured out.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@joester wrote:

Hello all,

I recently picked up a G15 and am havong a bit of trouble with manual mode. If I attempt exposures over 1 secnd, the ISO greys out and the images are black regardless of the length of exposure. if I keep exposure under 1 second, everything works as expected.

I know that the camera wouldn't dis-allow longer exposures or they wouldn't be ofered so I'm assuming there is a setting I haven't figured out.

You can download the full User Manual/Guide at this link.  There is software, too!

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-point-and-shoot/po... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@joester wrote:

Hello all,

You can download the full User Manual/Guide at this link.  There is software, too!

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-point-and-shoot/po... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

After many years of point and shoot cameras, I thought I understood the relationship of exposure time, F stop, and ISO.
Nope.
Thank you.
Announcements