cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G 5x workaround

lightwriter
Contributor

I'm looking at the G5x for street shooting. As I shoot one-handed, I notice that the small front dial by the grip interferes with my finger. So, I wouldnt' want to assign a function to that dial as it would probably move and change the setting such as shutter speed. I'm looking for a workaround but it seems a shame to have a dial that can't be safely assigned. Your thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

As far as I can tell that front dail is only for reviewing the images taken, how it jumps thru the images and should not effect any settings while taking a picture. That was all I could find about that front dail and also there is not reassigments either.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. At the camera store I was told that it could be assigned various functions such as shutter speed. Still a mystery, I guess. Take care.

@lightwriter wrote:

Interesting, thanks for the reply. At the camera store I was told that it could be assigned various functions such as shutter speed. Still a mystery, I guess. Take care.

You should be able to download the instruction manual from the Canon site to find out for sure.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Yes I looked thru his manual quickly and did not see anything about reassigning any buttons at all. And the front dail is only mentioned for playing back pictures

As far as what salespeople tell us, its wiser to be an informed consumer in most cases. Those people have dozens of cameras and products to sell and unless they are devoting their lives to learning all the details you will get some incorrect answers now and then.

You can assign various functions, to buttons, dials and rings.  I would recommend downloading the manual.  Then it's easy to do a search and find what you need. ( easier to read than that tiny book also)  I searched for assign and a bunch of items came up. 

one place to start would be menu, tab 2, function assignment.  Think that was page 101 in the downloaded manual.

Powershot GX5, Pixma-100, Nikon D-300 and D-90
Announcements